21 December 2007

Christmas? What Christmas?

Ah life, it rushes on at a million miles an hour, ignoring festivities and such like. Hasn't been a great week - both my brother Tim and my beloved puppy Lily are going downhill.

Tim's doctors say he's only got a few days to live. He's up and about, not bedridden, but obviously in pain - when he goes it will be sudden, apparently, his heart will just stop. My mum is up from the coast, and she and Dad are spending as much time with him as they can. They're discussing funeral arrangements with him, and he is very much at peace with what's happening, and acknowledges that he's dying because of what he did to himself (year of drug abuse). Hubby and I are going to visit him tomorrow :/

Lily isn't responding to her meds as well, and is retaining fluid and breathing too fast. We will take her to the vet when she's obviously distressed, but for the moment she's resting a lot, eating a little, and seems to be mostly happy. It's an awful decision to have to make :(

As for me, I'm trying to stop having anxiety attacks, and start thinking about impending festivities a little bit. I really hope neither of them dies on Christmas Day, that would be a bit awful.

In a lighter vein, here is a comic that addresses a very serious concern - is CUTE dangerous?! Llamas in bowler hats could very well be pushing the limits! Sorry if it's a bit of a morbid comic - but it suits my mood of late ...

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jejune
    So sorry to hear the news about your brother and little Lilly.
    Wishing you and your family the best for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending good vibes your way, esp to ur bro and Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot to deal with. Sending warm thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh dear heart, what a lousy time you are haaving. I'm sorry things are so hard for you right now. Remember, Dec. 25 is just a date. It isn't even Jesus's real birthday. the Church decided to make it a holiday in order to usurp a lot of pagan midwinter festivals. If you believe in heaven, it will be a lot nicer for Dave and Lilly to be in Heaven with God than to be suffering down here. I won't preach, I'll just hold you in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am very sorry to hear these things at this time of year, not that there is ever a good time of year. big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jejune - so sorry to hear your news - sending many warm thoughts - take care of yourself and count your blessings - but be ready to cry too! Much love
    Ceri

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry to hear this - thinking of you at this time, and wishing you the best for Christmas - hopefully things will be looking up for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, Roxie's right, it's just a date. Let go of what you cannot control. That is all the wise advice I have and it is not much. But I am thinking of you and your family.

    And thanks, I love that comic! (It's so cute)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are in my heart and I am crying for you. I am glad your brother has found some peace, he has had a tough time. I hope you can find some peace as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I'd been keeping up on all of this - I just commented on your most recent post, and was deeply saddened to hear about Lily's suffering in addition to your brother's passing.

    Apart from sending you my love, all I can suggest is doing whatever you need to do to get through all of this. We'll be here waiting when you resurface.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly