Hello everyone! I'm alive!
The news in brief :
1) The move has happened, despite a huge stuff up by the moving company (which turned up 10 hours late, at 9pm, and delivered our stuff by midnight, and only did one trip instead of two.... plus I had to throw out all the food from the freezer). I didn't think it was every going to end, the trips between the two houses, and then roughly 25 hours of hard work cleaning the old place. We got our full bond back, and many friends helped along the way - thank you, you know who you are!
2) We're in our new place, and just about everything is In The Garage. In A Box. Sigh. Still LOTS to do. But the house is great, we love it. Photos soon!
3) Our aDSL and phone company between them stuffed up our web access, which is now mostly sorted - we're on the aDSL 2 Plus line, with up to 10 times faster internet (w00t!), but although I can get my email, I can't send it yet, until I talk with my ISP again tomorrow... sigh.
4) Dotter, Boyfriend, and I have been to Brisbane for my brother's wedding, which was very fancy, huge, and went smoothly. I'm now related to an incredibly wealthy Australian Chinese family, how cool is that? Lots of pics and stories before too much longer...
5) And last but not least - I manged to knit - with permission - on a Virgin Blue flight - again, full story with pics soon! Don't get too excited, it was a bit of tricky luck ... not a major policy change... but it was possible ;)
OK, must get back to unpacking and culling - we're trying to reduce our belongings by a lot, I'm aiming for half, in the hope that I may actually achieve a one third reduction :)
Miss you all - will catch up in the weeks ahead!