18 August 2009

500th Post!

Here it is folks, ta dah! I made it to 500 posts! Who'd have thunk it?

When starting this blog in November 2005, I wasn't sure what I'd do with this newfangled thing. Initially it was a fun place to share knitting projects - and I was only newly back into knitting, after quite a few years away from the craft. I started to use my blog to 'treat' my rampant perfectionism, by taking the time to slow down and celebrate my small achievements (and I must say, I'm much better in this regard now).

Over the years (!) I've shared family bereavements, weddings, funerals, family joys, and sorrows. I've been quite silly now and then rather a lot. I've shared recipes, paintings, and even knitting patterns, once I'd figured out how to write them! I've shown you how I write my puzzles. This post even landed me a radio interview, which was only slightly petrifying! I'm now heading into "hip replacement" territory. There have been (and will continue to be!) puppehs (Lily and Petal, that's her below in mid-kill of a Pokemon toy).

And knitting, of course, continues to run through it all (Regia's Kaffe Fassett sock yarn, OMG! I'm so enamoured, I've knit a whole sock in a week, which is a record for me!).

But most of all? I've found friends, from all over the world. Generous, funny, intelligent, creative, and kind friends. Secret Pal partners who've become buddies. Pan pals who've become blog friends. Aussie friends who've moved overseas. Knitters from Australia and all over the globe who've become friends because we read each others' blogs. And the friends who I know in person, and meet up with at SnBs, or meet at Knitting Camp. You know who you are!

I've been inspired by the stories I've read, the fantastic knitting projects I've seen, your friendship - everything ... thank you!

So as my bloggiversary gift to you, I'll do a draw next weekend from everyone who comments on here, and send the winner a signed copy of my book Word Searches for Dummies ... on your marks, get set - GO! :)

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lovely. What a wonderful record blogs are of what we have achieved!

    Keep up the great work, and keep putting in the puppeh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on reaching 500 posts, Denise. Particularly great photos on this post too--I love the Kaffe Fassett sock and the doglet (Lily?). I'm loving your Word Searches for Dummies too, still working my way through it and learning all the time. (If you were to draw my name, draw someone else--don't want you to have to ship something overseas that I already own!) Just wanted to say congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I won't go in the contest as I already have a copy but congrats! Been lovely to be part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you're one of the friends I've made from my blog. It's a lovely world isn't it? Though I've got quite a way to go till I've made the 500th post mark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!! Happy 500th!! I love the little bit of a curled lip I can see on Petal, those Pokemon can be dangerous!!!
    When I read all the things that you mentioned, it's a wonder you ever get anything done at all, what with Life getting in the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I won, I wouldn't be able to show it to Woolworth. He might think that his chance to meet Lulu would be gone.

    Congrats on the 500th post. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on reaching 500 posts! Blogging is very cool isn't it!! It has been lovely getting to know you blogwise and real life wise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! 500! Congrats Nisi! May there be many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Denise! Five hundred red hot and rolling! If I win the draw, how about a card instead of the book? I've filled in half of my book already. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You sure have covered a lot of ground here at Jejune's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jejune - congratulations on your achievement! I don't seem to be able to regularly blog so I really admire your 'stick-with-it-ness". I have enjoyed your blog, learned things from it, kept in touch with you through it - I hope you continue writing it well into the future. Oh, no need to enter me for the prize, I just wanted to comment on this special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go - 500! I have shared your laughter and your tears so thanks for that. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, congratulations on 500! I too love the Kaffe Fassett sock wool - the colours are stunning. Hope you continue for another 500 - I never tire of your writing. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations - what a milestone! I posted my hundredth entry just today, so I am filled with admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice post - and I still remember that observatory one as one of my favorite blog reads of all time. So, so interesting. Congrats on 500 posts - may there be at least 500 more of you sharing your observations, family, wit and, of course, knitting! (I have a copy already, too, so no need to enter me in, either!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's funny how fast socks knit up when the yarn is interesting.

    Congrats on 500 posts and thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!

    Can't wait to read the next 500!
    Keep blogging,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! (Our son says the Pokemon is Torchic.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations, and it's been good to meet you and get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have enjoyed every post. I consider you a friend and am so glad I can say that. From your posts I have past on information that you have shared with us. Bio Oil is the last referral I gave to a gal at work who has back surgery when they cut into her throat. Scar is new now but later without treatment it could look horrid. She is one the search now.
    Can't wait to read 500 more posts! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly