Without further ado, the winners of my three Knitting Art card packs are ... (drum roll please) ...
Please email me with your postal address details, ladies!
And never fear everyone else, I will be repeating this event now and then :)
In other, less exciting news (and in brief) :
We had a great trip last weekend to Cooma to the Ashford / Past Times COMPLEX - this isn't just one shop, it's an old homestead as well, and so much more. Some pics for you to enjoy.... outside and in. Gay, the owner, was rather partial to Lulu ;) I now have a delightful Ashford wooden swift, too. It was worth the drive!
We visited family in Jindabyne, too - this is my niece Nicola with Lulu, who you will notice has a face mask, and is carrying a gun (thankfully only cardboard) - I'm sure not one of you is surprised.
As for my birthday - what can I say? My dear friends, you have ALL made it a very special time for me. Emails, comments, phone calls, gifts... I can't thank you enough. I don't have time to do justice to everything with photos, but a few highlights, amongst a truly stellar collection (including Belgian Dolfin chocolate) are George's stitch markers (made by her) :
- The book Luxury Knits (cover in link differs from mine) from Bells
- Purple & black striped pirate socks, purple MZ merino laceweight, and Ashford DPNs from Dotter
- TWO sets of Brittany DPNs, nice short ones for socks, AND a lovely handmade shortbread stamp, from Taph
- A BEAUTIFUL beret knit for me by Friend K. Beanies don't suit me. Berets do!
- Danny Bhoy's Live Show DVD from my son
- A hug from Dotter's Boyfriend M
- and more...
And two balls of NORO - my first ever! Amazing colourways, both of these. Molly, I am TRULY stunned.
The search for a new home has started, so I'm spending practically all my blogging time (and free time, and work time) trawling through real estate web sites, making calls, going to open houses, de-cluttering, packing, cleaning, and other vile tasks. I may be offline for some while, and not commenting or even reading blogs that much. I'll 'check in' when possible.