07 November 2007

Cables Everywhere!

Here's the latest Knitting Art painting - it will feature a blue & white china cup, and my blue Mariah, with all those lovely cables! BTW Aussies, the Australian dollar is so high, it's quite economical to get CafePress stuff from the USA at the moment :D

I set up this still life on our outside table, which is always littered with bits of eucalyptus leaves and gum nuts. I've done the preliminary drawing, and first wash so far. Plus I'm experimenting with how to get a weathered wooden table look using nothing but paint - tricky 0_o

And here's Little Ben's Sherwood to date - up to Row 36 or so. I'm enjoying the little 2 stitch cables, which don't need a cable needle to do. So cute!

7 comments:

  1. The Sherwood is looking mighty fine, Jejune. Such a gorgeous pattern. I'm sure the Mariah will be as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherwood is looking fabulous! And I think that's going to be a beautiful painting. Love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sherwood looks just great! And I can't wait to see how the painting turns out. I love blue and white china.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the midst of all the chaos in your life I trust you are still keeping with Jejune Tuesday. Sherwood is looking delightful and the painting is already exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's coming out great - love the color choice, too! Isn't it fun to knit for the little peoples? I finally found a friend with a baby-to-be so I could partake. (Actually, she's not even a friend - my kids' piano teacher. But any pregger in a storm...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a love/hate relationship with the US dollar. We love it now as the CDN $ is worth more which means bargains are to be had. Businesses hates it because they lose money on local shoppers buying south of the border.

    I am so loving the Sherwood....I can see each of my kids in one....not like they would ever wear them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the sherwood is looking lovely! same deal with the canadian $ (aka "canuck buck") - those itty bitty us $ are suddenly very affordable. i'm considering asking if i can always pay the us price in us $ - BIG fx gains!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly