02 August 2007

Estonian Ecstacy

Look what I found in my mail box this morning!! Postmarked from Austria, where my friend Penny lives...

She writes : "Estonia seems to be the traditional knitting capital of the world so I couldn't resist buying you some Estonian wool and a pair of traditional socks." Eeeeeeeeee!!

It's Liisu 100% pure new wool (Täisvill), 100g, probably a 5 ply or so (3 - 3.5 mm needles recommended). Destined to become some lace socks, I think!

And the socks are seriously amazing. Can you see how the top row of cats are white and the second row are pale grey? Penny says that the only sizes were Big or Bigger - these are a bit big on me, but great for keeping my toes warm when I'm working at my desk.

What a perfect friend :)

12 comments:

  1. Those socks are just to die for! Love them! Love the sizing!!

    There's nothing like gift therapy is there - I have some to share tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More Gift Therapy! What an exciting package, and those socks are just gorgeous. Lovely Penny, what a great friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Score!! wow. What we all wouldn't give for gifts like that. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously hyperventilating over those socks. Estonian knitting and cats ... anyone know someone going to Estonia soon??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What splendid pressies! And just think - these are mere Tokens of our esteem and care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love gift therapy....wait a minute...I guess when you buy things for yourself it's called retail therapy...ahhhh who cares therapy is still therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two paccies in two days, you sure are a lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute socks! What an awesome surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness - how cute are those socks? And so special to come all the way from Estonia :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly