20 August 2007

Oh gee!

Ogee Lace Skirt from Interweave Knits. Bamboo / cotton from Lincraft. $3.99 a ball. Purple. What's not to like?

I'm not allowed to cast on until my mother's vest is done. I'm up to the armholes, so the end is in sight! I've nearly finished the first mermaid glove, too. At Sunday SnB, Happy Spider, Victoria and Bells talked me out of doing individual fingers, so at this stage I'm just doing a ribbed top across the knuckles. Pics soon! I got to meet Janette, who was just delightful in person. So great to put real people to blogs...

Head is much better, thank you everyone for your kind and quiet wishes. Still foggy and generally stuffed, but that's another matter. Am flat out with work - my syndicator ran out of my Connoisseur crosswords, and didn't give me any frikking much notice. So I'm trying to write 3 or 4 of these a week for the next little while until stocks build up. They take me ages - 5-6 hours each (as opposed to 2 hours for a quick crossword).

Oh. And - um. All the Secret Pal mint chocolate is gone.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent! The purple is wonderful. I'm not much of a purple person though so I went for boring black. Sorry. Beautiful Black!

    Finding it very flossy though - better for knitting than crocheting. I'll just have to be careful with the hook so I don't split it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm amused our powers of persuasion are so strong!

    You've got a tough week cut out for you.

    I had good fun helping you pick the bamboo. It was pretty hard not to bu some myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wrap but I don't think I'd wear it. I want to though. Knit the vest faster so we can have pictures of the purple wrap!!! Feel well. Make Cross Words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour of that yarn! The lacy pattern is so lovely (Ive been eyeing it off myself).

    Very glad to hear you're feeeling better, just in time to work your ar*e off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, bamboo cotton from Lincraft...interesting, very interesting! Might have to wander up to mine at lunchtime to see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. question. What Interweave knits is that? Must. Make.It.Now.
    Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly