09 April 2007

The Red Mug


Here's my painting from today... there's hot coffee in the mug, and the project on the needles is a mitred square for a stash-busting lap rug. Watercolour on Canson Montval Cold Pressed 300 gsm paper. The preliminary drawing took about 1.5 hours. The painting took about 4 hours, including drying time between sections. I'm quite happy with it, although I think the mug needs to be glossier and darker. Tricky to get just right.

The main yarn here is Lang 'Arte' (46% merino, 44% acrylic, 10% nylon) bouclé. One thing I've discovered with this project is I don't much care for knitting with bouclé! Too many thready bits 0_o
Still, I have finished one square, and it does look nice.

This design will be on my Knitting Art shop within the next 24 hours.

3 comments:

  1. the picture is lovely but boucle sucks, in my experience. you have rendered it beautifully tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one too, esp the gloss on the handle and rim of the mug. The simple lace of the tablecloth works really well too, and the colours are beautiful and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, and i was wondering where's lulu gone :) I think this is my fav painting for now..:) Love coffee with that red mug and of course, the knitting has to be there too.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly