05 April 2007

What's missing?

I've been browsing through the Phildar web site (does anyone know how to find free patterns? I've joined up and everything, but can't find nuffin - maybe there aren't any?). Anyway. This photo just jumped out at me.


The bolero is nice, the girl is pretty - no problems there. But damn it - she has NO ARMS! Well, she does, only she's starved herself so she now belongs to the Phasmatodea family and eats insects a bit skinny. The combination of normal-person-sized bolero, gauzy shirt, and thin arms is just - well - either perfect, or scary, or perfectly scary!

7 comments:

  1. *snort*

    What a funny photo!!! Doesn't anyone edit these things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, does she have arms?!!??
    'cos I can't see any (which kinda gives the pic a whole nother degree of weird...) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd like free patterns?

    Knock yerself out on this site! :)

    http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/kategori_oversikt.php

    After you have clicked on a catalogue on both this page and the next, be sure to click the English flag to actually get the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's try that again shall we ...

    www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/kategori_oversikt.php

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh thank you for the web link Janette - they're excellent!

    I was reading about Phildar in Amy Singer's 'Web Watch' in the latest Interweave Knits, and now that I re-read it I see that there was no mention of their having free patterns, so that was my misunderstanding. And now I notice that she mentions Garnstudio too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is sooooo freaky...
    "lose kilograms of ugly fat... arm removal is the new yoga!"

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly