23 March 2007

Yarny Goodness

I won door prizes! It's so exciting; I was very lucky to come home from The Harlot Happening with just wonderful things! Profuse thanks to the very generous anonymous person/s who donated these prizes!!

I really needed the white Patonyle as I want to knit socks of a plain colour but with a fancy stitch pattern - so I may well dye this purple. The lace shawl kit is just divine - perfect 2ply blue-purple laceweight soft wool, an Addi Circular needle (bamboo), and the pattern for Eunny Jang's Print O'The Wave Stole.

Spidey actually won A Gathering of Lace, but she already has a copy, so we effected a (very generous) deal. Dotter and I are over the moon, thank you Spidey, and both happily planning new projects.

And I have been remiss - my hubby bought this for me when he drove up to Sydney a few weeks ago - he stopped at The Australian Alpaca Centre in Berrima, and called me to check what would be good (isn't he well trained?!)... so I have 2 balls of a deep burgundy (the colour's a little pink in the photo) 100% Australian Coolaroo Alpaca. It's actually produced by The Australian Alpaca Centre, too. Enough for ... hmmmm ... a beret?

7 comments:

  1. you scored big time!!!! Hope you have more luck with purple dye than I did!!!

    And your hubby is exceedingly well trained. he did well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh that lace weight is soooo pretty - i just want to touch it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have got the carla pattern, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at all of the wonderful things you're doing lately ...

    You're one mighty creative AND productive woman!

    Enjoying your blog ...
    Your Pal in the US,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I can finally post comments on your blog, thanks to Safari!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you can see, I like posting comments so much ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cindy - great that you can comment at last! Go Safari :D

    Bells - I'll be using that Wilton's food colouring paste stuff that we got from The Essential Ingredient the other day, so hopefully it will be pretty strong. Mind you, I don't mind if it goes pale and isn't a solid colour.

    Margie - where is the Carla beret pattern? I'm not sure that I *do* have it, actually... I know it's your favourite ;)

    And Kuka - yes, it's gorgeous, isn't it! Hmmm, OK, if I have it with me at the next SnB and you're there, I may let you fondle it... for a few seconds, and under tight security. Lulu is my body guard, so look out! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Printfriendly